Thank you very much for choosing Peru Andes Explora EIRL for the next vacation. Please read carefully the information in this article, which contains the TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE CONTRACTING OF TOURISM SERVICES with our company.
1. About the handling of passenger information
To proceed with the reservation, Peru Andes Explora EIRL requests personal information, which will be used in a strictly confidential manner only for booking purposes:
- Full name.
- Food requirements.
- Medical condition (mandatory for adventure tours).
- Copy of your passport (in case of booking with a passport that is about to expire, you must provide a copy of the new one as soon as you have it).
2. Advance payment and payment methods
To confirm the reservation of any of our services, you must make an initial payment of 50% of the total price of the service(s) requested (this is not refundable under any circumstances). Next we list our payment options:
- Payments via our website with the following credit cards: VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club.
- Online payments through PAYPAL.
- Payments through Western Union or Money Gram agents.
- Deposits through bank transfer.
- Commissions: All payment methods generate commissions, which vary depending on the company. Therefore it is important to emphasize that it is the client who will assume their costs.
- Prices in dollars: All prices are expressed in US dollars and include taxes and fees applicable to foreign tourists, Peruvians not resident in Peru.
- Reservation confirmation: Once we receive your personal information and 50% payment for the requested services, we’ll send you an email in the next 24 hours with the Confirmation Form (this document will include all the details of the service(s) booked).
3. Payment of the balance or remnant
- The balance must be paid upon arrival in Cusco City or before the beginning of services, at our central office.
- Failure to pay the balance will make it impossible for you to participate in the booked services (in no case the company will make any refund of the initial payment).
4. Air Tickets and Train Tickets
All air tickets and/or train tickets are fully NON-REFUNDABLE.
5. Modifications of ITINERARIES by the client
- Any type of modification by the client generates penalties which will be assumed by himself.
- It is important to emphasize that with respect to air tickets, train tickets and Inca Trail permits, no modification is allowed for any reason.
- Neither is possible to change the ownership of the service(s).
6. About the tours of the INCA TRAIL and alternative hikes
- MODIFICATIONS: Changes of date, ownership, route and others concerning the Inca Trail, are entirely NON-REFUNDABLE.
- CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations in services of the Inca Trail have a penalty of 100% of the cost of the service. Therefore, if the client made the initial payment of 50%, the client must complete the payment of the remaining 50%.
- NO SHOWS: In the case that customers do not show up for the Inca Trail, no refund will be made, considering it a NO SHOW.
7. Cancellations or annulments by the client
- In case of requesting the cancellation of any service up to 30 days before the start of the tour, a refund of 50% of the initial payment will be given. Therefore, if a refund is requested 29 or less days before the beginning of the booked tour, NO reimbursement is made.
- The following services: Inca Trail, air tickets and/or train tickets, are not subject to cancellation or reimbursement at all.
8. Responsibilities of the Passenger or Client
- It is the responsibility of the passenger to provide reliable information in order to proceed with reservations.
- It is mandatory that the client bring the passport or travel document with which the reservation was made.
- For cases of hiking and/or adventure tours, it is obligatory that customers over 65 years old have a medical certificate of good health.
- It is highly recommended to have travel insurance before leaving your country. Consult with your agent.
- If the passenger has any the following signs: drunkenness, use of toxic substances, mental disorders, for security measures, we reserve the right to suspend the contracted service.
- In case the client fails to comply with the established itinerary and this causes delays, losses or other inconveniences, the client will be responsible for them
- There will be no possibility of reimbursement once the services are in full development and on a regular basis, if the client, voluntarily, decides not to continue with them.
9. Criteria for suspending the activity and/or service
The following are the criteria for suspending activity of the booked services:
- Social problems (strikes and similars).
- Unsuitable health conditions by the passenger.
- Conditions resulting of the intake of alcohol and/or toxic substances.
- Emergency zone decreed by the State or authorized office.
- Mutual agreement with the client.
- Leaving of the group by the client.
- Natural disasters.
10. About Travel Insurance
At Peru Andes Explora EIRL we care about the well-being of our clients; For this reason, we have implemented our risk minimization policy in which we recommend reviewing more about the advantages of having Travel Insurance as well as taking the following precautions:
RECOMMENDED FOR CULTURAL ACTIVITIES: Because the physical demands of these tours are not extreme, we recommend purchasing travel insurance that includes medical coverage for cancellations and delays.
MANDATORY FOR ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES: Aware of the implications of the different routes (weather conditions, physical demands, adaptation to geography, and others) we require the purchase of travel insurance on a mandatory basis, the same one that offers medical coverage, evacuations, cancellations, delays and others.
Additionally, for people who suffer from pre-existing diseases (hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases, locomotor system problems, diabetes, asthma, a history of altitude sickness, people who suffer from acrophobia or fear of heights and others) they must come with an evaluation. from their place of origin and with the pertinent medication.
Remember that both medicine and insurance are preventive.